Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Getting Transfered to Tawau

Dear all-

Well Happy New year everyone!

I had a good new years eve. I got to spend it with the other elders, sitting on our balcony sipping sparkling cidar and watching fireworks. It was pretty fun actually. We all went and got our open sparkling cidars to open when it was new years. ANd there are a lot of chinese people here, so they light off fireworks for just about everything!! so we got a nice little show!

The coolest part of this new year was knowing what im going to be doing throughout this ENTIRE next year. This is the only year of my life that i get to spend beggining to end in the service of God.  And me realizing that while i was sitting out on the balcony was a really cool experience. I dont think ill have an experience like that one ever again!

Well in other news- Im getting transfered. To litteraly the most remote, smallest place in the entire mission. Its only a 2 Elder area, and its freakin far away from just about everything. Its called Tawau. anyway, ill be going there next tuesday. SO the next letter i send will be from that area. I dont know who my next companion is yet though. I hope that i can get along with him and that he is not a complete nut. But one cool thing about this transfer is that i am white washing the area. which means that neither I or my companion have been serving in that area. Usually when they do transfers they will keep one Elder in the area thats been there for a while, and then just get one new elder in there. But both me and my companion are getting transfwered there. And that means that the mission president is already trusting me with that area. Which is super cool. So its kinda my chance to show what kind of missionary i really i am. I already found out the record for baptisms there, and those records are about the broken. so I get the chance to get to a new area where supposedly not many people get baptized, and completely change it. im super excited, and i know i can have success there. I can have success wherever i go!!!

Well i dont have any really cool stories about this week. We've been trying to find a lot of new investigators lately becuase we are running kinda low. But i guess out problem is really a blessing.....all our investigators are turning in to recent converts!!! hahahaha. thats pretty funny. Anyway, im not quite sure what to expect with my new area, but i know it will be great.

Love,
Elder Trotter

 Bebe's Baptism


No comments:

Post a Comment