Well things have been going pretty well in Tawau. Me and Elder Odriscoll have been working really hard, and staying super busy. We have gotten new investigators, and committed more people to be baptised. The work here is definately progressing. Anyway, im not quite sure what to say to everyone, but i will just copy something i wrote in my jounrnal when i got transfered. WHen i got transfered to Tawau, i had some time to think, and reflect about what my mission means to me, the people ive met, and the experiences ive had. Anyway here it is....
Jan 11 2012
Yesterday was my last day In Sibu. Me leaving Sibu made me realize a bunch of thing, and it was a good time to reflect on what my mission really means to me. When Elder Cheel left a couple days ago (he was done with his mission- i lived with him in sibu) I got to hear him bear his testimony for the last time. He said that he loved his mission and that he wouldnt trade it for anything. When i heard that, it made me want to be able to say the same thing about my mission. I guess ive always known that i love my mission, but with all this crap going on with camille i sometimes forget that there is no other place i would rather be. When Elder Cheel bore his testimony it made me just wish that when my mission is said and done, no matter what happens with camille, i can say that i loved my mission and i wouldnt trade it for anything. But the thing is, I didnt have to wait till the end of my mission to realize that. I realized it yesterday when i said goodbye to some people.
I didnt think it would be that hard to say goodbye to people being that i was only there was 3 months. But yesterday really hit my heart. Last night we went to go do a recent convert lesson with Daisy. When it was over, she was super sad that i was leaving. that made me sad to see her sad. She told me that i was like an older brother to her. and that she had cried the night before because i was leaving. that really touched me and me sad. Before i finally said goodbye to her, she wanted me to promise that i would come back and visit her. I had to tell her that i dont know if i will ever make it back to see her or visit. That made her even more sad. Anyway after that, i said bye and had to go home. But we still had rogis with us. (member- he likes to teach with us) We had to pedal him home with us because thats his only way around. When we dropped Rogis off I said goodbye to him too. I told him that i might never see him again. And the her said "no, maybe we can meet again in heaven" as he pointed up to the sky. Just writing this down is almost making me cry. Here i come to malaysia and only know these people for 3 months, and can barely speak their language, and i developed such a good relationship with them. I am just so humbled by them. I dont know why Rogis telling me that we are going to meet in heaven hit my heart s ohard. Maybe becuase the gospel is all he has. Hes not very smart, cant read, slurs his words, speaks with a stutter, walks with a limp, but still looks forward to missionaries so much. All he has is the gospel and the faith and hope that its true. And he has faith that he will meet me again in heaven. Thats all he knows. The gospel is true. Period. He doesnt know anything else. And thats so humbling to me. I wish i could be more like him. truth is truth and there are no more questions asked.
Im not sure why it took me leaving the people in Sibu to realize how much i love them. I have developed a love for these people that i have never really felt before. And it was a lot harder for me to say goodbye to them than i thought. When daisy told me that i am like an older brother to her, i thought that she must be like a little sister to me. ANd its true. Ive only known her for 3 months, but ive seen her change so much. And get baptised! And im not sure when it happened, but i really developed a love for her. and her well being. I want her to stay active i nthe church and have a strong testimony so bad. Same with Catherine, Niut, Seta, Harryson, and all the others i became close with while i was in Sibu. I love them all like family. And one day like rogis said, Ill meet them all in heaven. And we will rejoice to see that we are still brothers and sister in the gospel. In the kingdom of God.
Elder Trotter













No comments:
Post a Comment