Well, ill just tell you a little about Malaysia now. So i flew into a city called Kuching, and from there, I took a small plane to my area, Sibu. You should look all this up on google maps, so you know where i live! So i got in to Sibu, and the airline lost all my luggage. EVERYTHING. so that was just last night. So now, i have absolutely nothing and i have no idea when ill get my bag back. If i ever do. It kinda sucks, but im trying to be positive about it. Last night, when i got in, we went to a grocery store to get some food. Food here is really cheap, but SUPER weird. I didnt even know what to get, or what would be good. But there was a music store by the grocery store! and i got to play guitar and drums for a bit! it was soooo great!!!! there is another Elder I live with that plays guitar, so we played music together. It was really great, because i havent played guitatr for over two months. And thats super long for me, and i was missing it a lot. Well this country is definately different than home. thats for sure. Im not really quite sure what to think yet becuase i havent seen a whole lot of it. But i do know that we dont have a church building. We just meet in some rented building somewhere. Haha. Me and My companion have to teach a mission prep class tomorrow. That will be interesting. I hope my malay is pretty good.
SO singapore was pretty great. Its a really nice city. I was there for only two days for training, and meeting everyone. And then flew out here. When we were there, we took a lot of public transportation everywhere. They have a really convenient Subway system throughout the whole city. I think I saw some of the nicest cars that i have seen in a while. It was pretty cool. There is a lot of English there too. SO it was pretty easy to get around.
My new companion is super cool. He is from Arizona and his name is Elder Polley. He is pretty laid back, and more relaxed than Elder Steadman. Im glad i got him as a companion. We both kinda have the same sense of humor, and like to be pretty sarcastic. Which is good. He said that he used to rope cattle and stuff back home, and was kinda a cowboy. I wouldnt have guessed that though. He just seems like a normal guy to me. Thats pretty cool. At least i know hes not a pretty boy. I couldnt deal with that.
Thats about all thats happened since i got here. Well its been a lot of stuff, but i dont really know how to write about everything. My P-day is Wednesday. Oh ya, not using toilet paper has been kinda weird. You pretty much just use a little shower head to clean everything up. The challenge is to do that without getting water EVERYwhere. hahah. its pretty tough. But i will probably get a lot better at it. Also, The shower is just the bathroom!!! its weird. You have the loilet and the sink, and the shower head on the wall. And the whole bathroom is tile. I Dont really know how to describe it. Maybe i cant take a picture and just send it. Anyway, thats about all. I got to go bike shopping now! love you! dont forget to write back!!!
Love
Elder Trotter
Saturday, October 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment