Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dear all-
   This week was another great week in the MTC. The first thing i have to mention is the most important. I am on cloud 9 right now. I just like two minutes ago opened the coolest package of all packages that anyone has ever gotten in the history of the world!!!!!! THANK YOU JENAE AND DEVAN!!!! you guys totally made my week...So earlier last week, Jenae told me that i was going to get a package that she ordered online for me. She said it wouldnt get here for another two weeks or so. But the day after that she sent me a dearelder letter that said i would get the package the next day. So the next day, i have no idea what the package could be. So the lady in the mailroom is bringing the box to me, and i see "TIMS" on the side of the box. i couldnt believe it. I opened it up, and i had like 40 bags of tims chips!!! the best chips ever!!! hahahah it was so awesome, and i was so excited. after that i was kinda drained for the rest of the day because i spent all my energery freaking out about chips. But seriously, who thinks to send someone chips like that? it was so cool. And now for the best part of the whole week..........
Today is P-day, and elder steadman and i went to the temple, and then came back and ate lunch, but then after lunch, we went to go get the mail. i had another package!!! i ran back to the residence hall and cracked it open! it was the coolest thing ever!!!! everything that any missionary could ever want!! it had candy, CAFFEINE!!!!!!, NERF GUNS, little squishy ball thing, drawings from Jamis and Jaxon, and so much stuff that i didnt even have time to go through it all. Honestly the best thing anyone could get in the mail. But out of all the things that were in the box there was one thing that was more important than anything else. The photo album of my family. It had pictures of everyone who loves me so much. Us just being together. That was the best part. Everything else in the box was just extra to me. I could have only gotten some pictures of my family being together, and i would have been happy beyond all belief. As i have been in the MTC ive grown to love my family and miss them more than i though i ever would. Thats weird for me being that a year ago i was in college and barely ever called home. Ive only been gone a month, but miss my family like ive been gone for a lifetime. It comes to teach me that everything else we have in life is just frill. it doesnt matter. it all goes away. Families are eternal. My family is eternal. I love you mom and Dad. Jenae and Devan. Brett and Tiff. Rachael and Dave. And Nathan. I wish I could have been a little better at expressing my love for you guys. For some reason it was always something that i couldnt ever show sufficiently. I hope that will be different when i get home. I know it will be different. I want EVERYONE in my family to know that i know the gospel is true and that it will do nothing but bring peace in happiness to your lives.  I am so grateful that I (and i know this is fact not opinion) have the best family on this earth. I know that my family is the GREATEST blessing i have ever received from God. Im not sure what i did to deserve any of you, or why God gave me such a blessing, but ill always hold it an treasure it like theres no tomorrow.  You guys mean the world to me.
So im sure some of you have sent me letters on dearelder...but there is some funky stuff going on in the mail room right now, so i wont get them until thursday. So dont worry about it. Some letters from everyone would be nice though!!! Thanks for those who have written me!!! Dont forget to keep writing!
                                                                    Dengan Kasih, Elder Trotter

No comments:

Post a Comment