Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dear All- This week in the MTC was pretty good. the weeks are definately going by faster. Everything is kind of all blurring in to one week, so im not sure if some of the stuff i mention actually happened last week or not.  So like i said last week, we have 6 hours of class everyday. Its not too bad once you get used to it. it just feels like im a prisoner sometimes. or maybe in that movie groundhogs day. I just do the same thing over and over every day. haha. thats why sundays are such a good break.  I get to go to church, and have something that is a little bit different than every other day of the week. That and tuesday becuase tuesday is p-day. but really they should call it P- half day cuz it really is only a half day. but its still enough time to get everything done.
This week we all had the opportunity to hear from an apostle. It was great. We had heard a little earlier than everyone else that an apostle was coming, so my companion and I went and stood in like almost two hours hearly. We read the book of mormon while we waited though, so no worries. haha. But it was Jeffery R. Holland. He spoke amazing. He bore some of the most powerful testimony that i have ever heard in my life. and i got to hear it while i was sitting right in front of him. He talked to everyone about how the members and everyone else in the world thinks that missionaries are perfect people. he says that they have the right to think that. and us as missionaries DO NOT have the right to take that thought away from them. That we cant do anything stupid in ruin the reputation and trust that the missionaries of the church have. I know that doesnt sound like a huge deal when i talk about it, but trust me, it was amazing when he said it.  A couple years ago in conference he gave a talk about the pioneers coming across the plains, and all the hardships they went through. And then he gave testimony and asked everyone why they would do that if the Book of MOrmon wasnt true. He started hitting his hand on the pulpit and everything. I bet a  lot of you remember the talk that im talking about. But the talk he gave in the MTC was with that same enthusiam and conviction. I could just go on and on about it.
So this week, Elder Steadman and I have taught a bunch of lessons. We have two new "investigators" that our teachers play for us. We just got one to commit to baptism. It was a pretty cool feeling having her say that she would "follow the example of Christ and be baptised by someone holding the proper priesthood authrotiy of God" even though i knew she was just my teacher. I honestly cant wait to have that same opportunity to witness that miracle for real out in Malaysia.
And that brings me to my next thing. The language. Its been going really great, and Elder Steadman and I are teaching lessons without any notes or anything. we are fluent in the language enough the give almost any lesson we want. We speak in Malay a lot, and sometimes just have regular conversations in Malay about whatever. But thats whats frustrating kind of right now. Ive gotten to a point in the language that I want to be able to just speak without thinking and know the whole language, and it gets frustrating sometimes to me not knowing the words to say. And then i cant think of them in english either because i will have been thinking in Malay. But im sure i will get over that though. I just cant wait for the point where i cam completely fluent. When i get out in the field though, i dont want to speak english at all. I have a goal to be that Elder that comes homes with a funky accent and cant speak to anyone in english. That would be awesome.
Well thats about all for this week. Dont forget to keep writing!!! i know this week was labor day, and the didnt do mail on that day, but i didnt get a whole lot in the mail, and i really want to hear from everyone. Letters are like the drugs of the MTC. Not a lot of people have them, and everyone wants them.
Dengan Kasih, Elder Trotter

No comments:

Post a Comment